Who are ‘Product Innovator Ltd’? Product Innovator Ltd is a private provider of consultancy services and training courses for Product Management, Commercialisation, Entrepreneurship and Innovation. Training and consultancy programmes can be customised to suit your organisationâ€™s individual requirements. We are based in Dublin 3, Ireland.
This statement relates to our privacy practices and GDPR compliance in connection with this website, https://www.productinnovator.com. We are not responsible for the content, privacy practices or GDPR compliance of other websites. Any external links to other websites are clearly identifiable as such.
Who is the Data Controller? Product Innovator Ltd Data Controller is Mary Ryan.
Phone: + 353 87 2352798 | E-mail us via our contact form. Personal Data is processed at our registered address or at other locations where we may be marketing / presenting / giving a course.
What personal data do we process? How do we process data?
We process the following data: Customer Name, telephone number(s), email and physical addresses as required. We process information relating to customer or potential customer queries along with all details required for an individual or corporate group to take / book one of our courses. We also process text submitted via forms on our website (which may or may not include names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers) and IP addresses. We do not record telephone calls or conduct audio or video recording.
Our website (https://www.productinnovator.com) and email services are hosted by LetsHost. You can read more about LetsHost and GDPR compliance here: https://www.letshost.ie/gdpr-statement/
Product Innovator Ltd do not process credit card information on this website nor do we currently accept payments of any kind via the website. We may occasionally have courses featured on our website where places can be booked for a fee, but these transactions occur on the PayPal website via their secure online mechanism.
How do we store and protect data? Physical / paper-based data is stored at our registered address under lock and key. Electronic data is similarly stored at our registered address and devices storing this information are password protected. All data is accessible only by Product Innovator staff. We do not store client information on cloud servers.
Information provide via this website will be secured within HTTPS networks very shortly. At the time of writing (18th October 2018) we have requested SSL services / encryption to be installed for our website and this should be complete within a day or so. HTTPS is the protocol over which data is sent between your browser and Product Innovator Ltd website. The “S” at the end of HTTPS stands for secure and indicates that these communications are encrypted.
How long do we retain data for? Generally speaking we will store client information only as long as it is needed. In terms of your personal details, any services we provide are tied to these details – we need to be able to contact you to advise on costings for courses or other services, and we need to update you as to any changes in the work required.
All of the queries sent to us via our website arrive into our mailboxes which we then respond to – either by phone or email (usually by phone as it’s quicker). These emails are backed up as part of our website system purely so as to ensure a response in terms of any email failure – and they are periodically deleted at regular intervals after any particular job is completed or query answered.
Why do we process personal data? We process data as part of the process of providing our services. This includes, but is not limited to answering any customer queries, pricing of courses and other day-to-day administration purposes that are within our legitimate interests.
Who do we share data with and why? Product Innovator Ltd does not share data with individuals, companies or organisations except under the following circumstances:
- With your Consent – in very rare circumstances we may share personal information relating to you / your query with other professionals when we have your written permission to do so; this might be where you’ve requested a service we do not provide but can refer you onto a trusted third party company with which we are very familiar and can recommend.
- For processing by third parties – including LetsHost (website and primary email host), Google Analytics and Google Adwords (for identifying which parts of our website are most popular and for placing adverts for our website on Google) and our Accountants.
- For legal reasons – Product Innovator Ltd will share personal information with outside organisations when legally obliged to do so e.g. at the request of the GardaĂ or Revenue Commissioners.
Consent: Prior to the provision of any services or quotations for work being undertaken we provide customers of <16s with a Consent Form which must be signed allowing us to save your details in order to best answer your quer(ies) or furnish you with information on our services pertinent to said queries. Our Consent Form does not contain pre-ticked boxes and does not assume Consent; Consent must be freely given. Once provided, Consent remains valid for the period of the work undertaken, although customers can withdraw their Consent by advising us in writing of their desire to do so.
What is GDPR? The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a piece of legislation prepared by the European Union that aims to give you more control over how your data is used and protected. The new legislation comes into effect on the 25th May 2018. GDPR affords you the following rights:
- Right to be Informed: You have the right to be provided with â€śfair processing informationâ€ť, which will be completely transparent about how we have gathered and will use your data. You have the right to be notified about any third party processors with whom we share your personal data, along with the reason for doing so.
- Right of Access: You have the right to confirmation that your personal data are being processed and to access a copy of your personal data.
- Right of Rectification: You have the right to have your personal data corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to have your personal data deleted from our systems in the following situations:
- When you withdraw consent
- Data deletion is to comply with a legal obligation
- Where the data was unlawfully processed
- Where it is no longer necessary
- Where you object to the processing
We may have grounds to refuse such deletion requests for the following reasons:
- Exercise the right of freedom of expression
- To comply with legal obligations
- The exercise or defence of legal claims
- Archiving purposes in the public interest
To exercise these rights, please send an e-mail to mary [dot] ryan [at] productinnovators [dot] com. We may ask you to verify your identity as part of processing the requests to exercise your rights. We will endeavour to respond to all requests within 30 days of receiving the initial request. If we are unable to complete the request within the 30 day limit, we will notify you within the required time limit.
Information on stopping unwanted cookies in Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Internet Explorer browsers is available via your browser’s help/settings menu. Cookies which may be collected include JSESSIONID, PHPSESSID, @@History/@@scroll|#, _ga, _gat, _gid, p.gif, collect, r/collect, crumb, ss_cid, ss_cvisit, ss_cvr, ss_cvt, TrackJS, trustedsite_session and usage.gif.
Technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to personally identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- the IP address of the visitorâ€™s web server – this is the identifying details for your computer, or your internet companyâ€™s computer, expressed in “internet protocol” code (for example 192.16x.xx.xx). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.
- the top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .org, .net)
- the previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used
- the type of web browser and operating system used by the website visitor.
“Product Innovator Ltd” makes no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual, nor will we disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party (apart from our internet service provider, which records such data on our behalf and which is bound by confidentiality provisions in this regard), unless obliged to disclose such information by law. The technical information will be used only by “Product Innovator Ltd” and only for statistical and other administrative purposes. You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute “personal data” for the purposes of the GDPR.
Cross-border data transfer: Our use of LetsHost, Google Services (such as Adwords and Analytics etc), and MailChimp (for our marketing campaigns) means that certain personal data is stored on servers located outside of the EU. We understand that these companies are GDPR compliant and have subscribed to the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield which is a regulatory implementation designed to guarantee that EU citizens are adequately protected under EU data protection laws as their data passes into and out of the United States. Read more about Privacy Shield here: https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome
Complaints about how your data is processed: If you are concerned about how personal data is processed by Product Innovator Ltd, please contact us via this link: https://www.productinnovator.com/contact-us/ or by emailing mary [dot] ryan [at] productinnovators [dot] com